Accreditation of the Mechanical Engineering Program
The Mechanical Engineering Program at the University of Connecticut is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Our faculty in the University of Connecticut Mechanical Engineering Program continuously strive to strengthen the undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering through commitment to these educational objectives:
- Our graduates will be gainfully employed in mechanical engineering or related career paths including industrial, academic, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Our graduates will continue their professional development by engaging in professional activities and/or training to enhance their careers and/or pursue post-graduate studies.
To achieve these program educational objectives, our students shall demonstrate by the time of their graduation from our program:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Syllabi for UConn Mechanical Engineering courses are available here.
2016-2017 Total Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Enrollment: 610
May 2016 Total Graduates with Mechanical Engineering B.S. Degrees: 124