Accreditation of the Mechanical Engineering Program
The Mechanical Engineering Program at the University of Connecticut is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Our faculty in the University of Connecticut Mechanical Engineering Program continuously strive to strengthen the undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering through commitment to these educational objectives:
- Our graduates will be gainfully employed in mechanical engineering or related career paths including industrial, academic, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Our graduates will continue their professional development by engaging in professional activities and/or training to enhance their careers and/or pursue post-graduate studies.
To achieve these program educational objectives, our students shall demonstrate by the time of their graduation from our program:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Syllabi for UConn Mechanical Engineering courses are available here.
2018-2019 Total Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Enrollment: 724
May 2018 Total Graduates with Mechanical Engineering B.S. Degrees: 144