Current Graduate Students

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Handbook

Mechanical Engineering Travel Information

Mechanical Engineering Department Forms

Independent Study

A graduate student intending to enroll in the graduate independent study course (ME 6300) must complete the following steps:

  1. Prepare the Independent Study Request Form with a sponsoring faculty member. The proposal must specify clear and measurable outcomes for the study. A sample request is available here: Independent study sample. The independent study request must be sent to the Director of Graduate Studies for approval no later than the first week of classes.
  2. After approval is granted, submit the Student Enrollment Request Form located here to enroll in the course. The department designee to whom the form should be routed by the student’s advisor is the Director of Graduate Studies.

Graduate School

When you submit any forms directly to the Graduate School, please provide copies to the department graduate coordinator, Miss. Victoria Cerwinski (, 860-486-2189, UTEB 465).