Information, Forms and Permissions
Areas of Concentration Form
Undergraduate Course Selection Handbook
Plan of Study
Independent Study and Honors Research Request
Registrar’s Online Forms
- Permission numbers will not be given to over-enroll lab sections (ME 3263 or ME 3264).
- For classes with multiple sections: Permission numbers will not be given to over-enroll these classes unless there are work/school related time conflicts. If there are time conflicts your request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Permission numbers will not be given if you do not have the prerequisites for a class. At times there are exceptions which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, e.g., if you have taken a course equivalent to the prerequisite but the computer system does not recognize it.
- Some ME electives are in high demand. For the most part ME elective permission numbers are not given to over-enroll these classes.
- ME courses are restricted to ME students and for certain classes BME/Engineering Physics/MEM/MDE. A permission number will not be given if the class is not required for your current program.
How to request a permission number
- During the regular academic year (Fall and Spring) all undergraduate class permission number requests must go through this link. They are controlled by the Undergraduate Director and not by the instructor.
- During the Summer and Winter Intersessions, permission number requests are controlled directly by the instructor. Email the instructor directly.
- If you are an Accelerated M.S. student, obtain via email, your advisor’s approval to take the class and include it in your email to the instructor.
Undergraduates Requesting Graduate Courses
- If an undergraduate student who is not an Accelerated MS student desires to take a graduate-level course, the student must directly email the course instructor requesting a permission number. The instructor will decide whether the student can take the course, and if a positive decision is made, issue a permission number.
- If an Accelerated MS undergraduate student requests to take a graduate-level course, the student’s Accelerated MS advisor will decide whether the student can take the course, and if a positive decision is made, the advisor will email the department’s email address for graduate matters (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the permission number will be issued by the department.